Game Twister
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

These forums are closed for viewing purposes only. To join the Game Twister community, please register at the new forums here.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  

A random Rant

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SC
Admin
Admin
SC

Number of posts : 317
Registration date : 2009-01-07

A random Rant Empty
PostSubject: A random Rant   A random Rant EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 11:10 pm

There are a few things that have been getting on my nerves this past week, so at the risk of sounding like Foamy, I thought I would compile them into a single RANT post. So here goes!

1) Call of Duty 4 commercials. Don't open your commercial with a quote from a magazine calling it the best looking game ever, then follow up with fake footage of simulated gameplay. Every Call of Duty commercial does this; they never show actual footage of the game. It might not fool hardcore gamers, but I'm sure tons of people are flocking to stores expecting to re-live the experience they saw on TV. It's false advertising and it pisses me off every time the commercial comes on!

2) That song about Christmas shoes. Have you heard this one? It's a song about a guy who is Christmas shopping, when a poor disheveled boy comes in to the store to buy some shoes for his mom. You see, his mom is sick and his dad says she doesn't have much time, so he wants to be sure she looks nice if she meets Jesus tonight. The song is the most formulaic, pandering bullshit I've ever heard. It tackles all the key heart-tuggers: a poor kid who wants to help his dying mother, a guy who helps the poor kid do so, and lots of references to Jesus and God. It just reaks of bullshit trying to cash in on the season and even worse, the singer sounds like one of those voices you would hear in a South Park parody.

3) Dasani with Lemon. Last night I was in the mood for something a little more than a water, but not too much for my still recovering stomach. I really wanted a Pellegrino sparkling water, but apparently that is too upscale for Wawa (the best convenience store IN THE WORLD, btw). So I decided to try Dasani with Lemon. It's Dasani water, with a touch of lemon. I like water with lemon, but this stuff was sickening. It has this strange burning sensation in your throat and the feeling stays there until you rinse it out with regular water. You know what other drink does this? Bottled Lipton Iced Tea. I hate that stuff with a passion. Lipton tea bags are good, Lipton instant tea is fine, but I avoid Lipton bottled and canned iced tea like the plague. Both Dasani and Lipton are apparently using some chemical lemon substitute that tastes like ACID and someone needs to be fired over this. I thought I might be crazy, but I confirmed this with other people - the crap burns going down and is anything but refreshing.

4) Amazon. I've been a long-time Amazon.com supporter, but recently they have been getting on my bad side. First off, they seem to increasingly rely on alternate vendors to supply merchandise. I'll buy a CD through Amazon, but it will actually be sent to me by a third party vendor who is partnered with Amazon. I ordered a CD that was supposed to ship in 2-3 days and didn't get it until a month later. Amazon tries to dodge responsibility for this by making you deal with the vendor if you have problems. It's hurting their brand, though.

Alright, that's it for my rants. I saw a Call of Duty 4 commercial while I was typing this and I'm still pissed. It feels good to vent.
Back to top Go down
http://gametwister.net
Username
Level 8
Level 8
Username

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2009-01-12

A random Rant Empty
PostSubject: Re: A random Rant   A random Rant EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 4:08 am

I lol'd
Back to top Go down